Featured Posts

Cash-Out Refinance For many, their homes are just not dwellings that protect them against rain, sun, and wind. But they are piggy banks, which can be used to raise some urgent money, even if the home still lays collateral...

Read more

Palm’s latest model, new handheld in a long time. Palm’s latest model, the TX, is its most ambitious new handheld in a long time. This isn’t because it’s full of cutting-edge features. It certainly is not. However, very few mid-range models have...

Read more

An image in a post Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Quisque sed felis. Aliquam sit amet felis. Mauris semper, velit semper laoreet dictum, quam diam dictum urna, nec placerat elit nisl in quam. Etiam...

Read more

Home Purchase Loan We all dream to own a home, at some point in our lives. In fact, this is a major driving force or one of the goals we have ahead while working day and night and saving a good share of the earnings every...

Read more

2009-06-09

How Old Are You, How Young Are You.


I can stil recall it, as clear as day, when I was only at the tender age of 8 I had an excruciate pain down my navel in my tummy during one midnight.
I was awaken by the pain, so much it made me cried out loud and I was burstin in bullet sweats while lyin on the bed.
Back then I stil use to sleep wif my "Kakak" and my younger brother in the same room downstairs.
It was about 4 sumthin am if im stil right and remembered my kakak was then very annoyed by my cryin n she was yellin at me askin me to shussh to continue sleepin. Clearly she wasn gettin da sleep she wanted. But what she didn see coming then was dat I was about to go to a hospital for Appendix treatment n had to go thru dat operation. haha.
ahh... well, u nvr know wat awaits u.

Pickin up back on those hospital stays, those days were the days when my parents would do jz about anythin to pamper me jz to make be a happier child n so dat I would be able to put all those gloom and upsetting white-cladded atmosphere enviroment of the hospital at the back of my mind. And anyone who had to go thru a surgery or operation b4, they shud know how it was like to feel they wanna eat jz about anythin they can think of when theyre havin their stay at da hospital.One's apettite gets so insatiable we would drool over the thoughts of the food outside the hospital, literally.

I for one was no different. but somethin else I reali wanted to have was a toy and a certain hero, monster ass kickin show.
hahaha.
I rmb I told either my kakak, or my young aunt or my mum at my bedside bout how much I wanted to watch it. The next day I woke up to a familiar white TV/VCR combo set in front of my bed. It was a 19 inch one, one with a handle on top of it so dat u can carry it and it was from my dad's company which we used to have.(not with us anymre) Lying on top of da set was a brand new tape of an unwatched episode of my favourite childhood idol hero !

He is Kamen Rider Black/ Masked Rider Black or simply Black Sun in Japan.

Of coz, after seeing da sight of it I was as happy as any child can be : )
thank you mum n dad. He was my childhood hero, n stil is. Or well, in all fairness. he IS my childhood. My story with him goes a long way back but I think most of us here at the very least would stil b able to remember this black face n used to watch him in action abit when they were young. Masked rider Black was the 9th or 10th Kamen Rider to be added into da Kamen Rider series back then n theyre all based on insects. They were supposed to b created to as tragic heroes and are experiments gone wrong turnin humans into insect-humanoid lookin like creatures killin ppl along the way but this idea was of coz changed to suit da marketing purpose and they were aimin at the children as audiences then. U know, to spin money making process.

Although most kids would say they love the newer evolved version of this Kamen Rider Black, which is RX ( this ones more famous he got into US ), I stil think this one kick ass better. haha. N the Black character is one of the best among the Kamen Rider family for his tragic story, soundtracks and of coz, da cool villain Shadow Moon (every good epic story nits a cool villain, ask FF7's Sephiroth)

I didn get to catch da whole story on him last time when i was younger but lately I was back into da groove sumhow bumpin into him again thru da net. so I sorta been hangin aroun youtube watchin his series again with subtitle (call me a kid). I reali reali like him and I guess I havto admit at this age this big enuf, I have a " man-crush " on Kamen Rider Black haha.

So much til last year DutchLady almost n reali wanted to get me his action figure from ebay for my birthday. She got to know I alwiz wanted one since small but didn actuali get my hands onto one coz its very hard n rare to find a toy of it aroun here. (this tells dat I didn get to hav da certain toy which I mentioned I wanted during my hospital stay.)This idea was then stalled bcoz the new 12 inch action figure would cost nearly 1k. It is apparently a new exclusive model , jz released after all these years for the fans.


Its okay, no frets :) we can get it again nex time.

Anyway, the last time I checked on it agin I heard theres an upcoming new series of Kamen Rider its called Kamen Rider Decade or sumthin. It will feature all the previous 13 Kamen Rider includin ZO n Shin Kamen Rider from the 70s - 90s era of the original creator who , passed away together wif the new dumb robotic lookin ones out there now to fight a bad guy or sumthin. hmm, neh. Don think ill dive my nose into this one, I only like Black dats all not the rest.


So, whos your childhood idol? Dig it up and out again.






p/s:

In Malaysia, Kamen Rider Black was back then dubbed as " BAJA HITAM " in malay wtf, so it means in other words " BlACK FERTILIZER" in direct translation?? Im so sry Kamen Rider Black wat an insult haha.

4 of your 2 cents':

Joey said...

i cant remember...too many and forgot the names hahaha

Disnyie said...

haha im tokin bout u rememberin ur favourite hero when u were young
not which baja hitam u like most

darryl said...

sangat HUNG FOOK la you.. HAHA.. so good, im almost the opposite, the more you wish for something the more they wont give it to you..

that's why i dont know any of the character you have just written.. not even one.. :)

Anonymous said...

aih... i can't view the pics coz i dunno why.. haha.. shanghai connection not good.. kaka =P anyway.. you so hang fook. i dunno what is the kamen or baja hitam..